Xiaomi Redmi 3S: First Look & Impression!


Redmi is Xiaomi’s youth series which is not only affordable but also gives you a really great specs at that price point. And they have finally released the successor to Redmi 2 in Malaysia earlier today at 12:00 p.m. This particular Redmi device we are going to see has been improved in a lot of ways and also sticks to its primary objective, which is to give an awesome device with no compromises. And I got the chance to play with it during the Mi Max Hands On session.

This is the First Look and Impression on the Redmi 3S. Let’s not waste any time and get right into it!


First Look:


On the front of the device, we have a 5” display. And above the display, you can see the earpiece, camera and the sensor. Below the screen, you’ll find the Capacitive touch button.



On to the right side of the device, you can see the Volume rocker and the Power Button and to the left, you’ll see the SIM Tray which supports Dual SIM and also you can expand your memory via SD Card.




And on the back, this is where things get interesting. This phone has a fingerprint sensor. Yes. Right below the camera. Below the Fingerprint sensor, you’ll see the Mi logo and the rear facing speaker grill.


On top of the device, you have the 3.5 mm jack to connect your traditional headphones and listen to song. Once it used to be a normal jack which is seen in a lot of device and now it’s a feature. Haha. Oh boy. Anyways, and an IR Blaster which allows you to control your devices at home, like TV, Air conditioning and more.



On the bottom, we have a Micro USB port that allows you to charge your device as well as transfer data to/from your Phone. Probably to transfer all your cute cat videos and to charge so that you can watch it later when you travel via Public Transport.



First Impression:


As much as I love small devices that fits in my hand nice and snug, Redmi 3S is no exception. Initially, I thought that Redmi 3S is a 4.5” device but I was wrong. It's 5" inch. The 5” screen is good enough and I took a test shot using the Redmi 3S and I have to say, the 13MP camera was good when I took some normal shots. But, I can’t conclude because it needs further tests that needs to be done.


I am not a huge fan of having a finger print sensor on the back but it’s still comfortable. And surprisingly, the body looks smaller than my Mi 5, which is my current daily driver. Performance was good. Since there was no apps and stuff installed, its nice. And the phone does feel solid in hand. It has that curved looking back just like the Redmi Note 3 has. Best part is that, the device is so small yet it has a stupid huge battery, 4100 mAh. Crazy right?! No wonder the tag line for this device is, "Power at last."

It's going to be sold in two variants, 2GB RAM + 16GB Internal for RM 599 and 3GB RAM + 32GB Internal for RM 699. You can preorder from Lazada or even get from their official distributor ERA International Network, and Lazada (Sold & Fulfilled by Lazada).

Redmi 3S did manage to get my attention when I tried it out. I really like this. And if I get the chance to unbox or even review one, I will give you my opinion on this device and make a review on it! :)

As always, thank you so much guys and I hope you all enjoyed it. I will see you guys in the next post. Be sure to follow me on my social network for the latest update or even tweet me what do you want to see in Vesper’s lab.



This is Prithivi Raj / Vesper
Signing off! :)

Xiaomi Malaysia FB Page: Click Here!

Specification
CPU, Memory & Battery
Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor 1.4GHz max
Adreno 505 GPU
3GB LPDDR3 RAM
32GB eMMC 5.1 flash
Up to 128GB expandable microSD (VFAT format)
4000mAh (min) / 4100mAh(typ) battery
Fingerprint sensor
Dimensions
Height: 139.3mm
Width: 69.6mm
Thickness: 8.5mm
Weight: 144g
Camera
13MP PDAF camera
5-piece lens, f/2.0 aperture
Ultra-fast 0.1s PDAF technology

5MP front camera
f/2.2 aperture
Display
12.6cm (5) HD display
1280 x 720 resolution
Connectivity
Bluetooth 4.1
Bluetooth HID
Wi-Fi 2.4GHz
Wi-Fi Display
Wi-Fi Direct

Supports 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi
Sensors
Electronic compass
Gravity sensor
Light sensor
Infrared
Proximity sensor
Gyroscope